Pulaski County Crisis Center was founded by a group of concerned volunteers. This shelter for battered women and children began in a residential home on Elm Street.
Good Samaritan Resource Center of Pulaski County was founded. Good Samaritan's mission was to provide emergency physical services to those who have needs in our community. Their building was owned by the Tritten family. They gave Good Samaritan use of the building until they were able to buy it in 1991.
Good Samaritan Resource Center of Pulaski County was incorporated and given a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit status. Good Samaritan's programs included a thrift store and a food pantry. In addition they rented freezer space to Waynesville Schools and office space to MOCA.
As the needs increased for the Pulaski County Crisis Center, they were taken under the umbrella of Good Samaritan Resource Center, becoming one of their many programs.
Pulaski County Crisis Center purchased their next location.
Pulaski County Crisis Center changed their name to Genesis: A Place of New Beginnings.
Good Samaritan Resource Center opens a new branch in Richland with a thrift store and food pantry.
Genesis: A Place of New Beginnings breaks ground on a new shelter that will triple their current capacity.
Genesis: A Place of New Beginnings opened their new 9,600 square foot facility located next door to the resource center.
Good Samaritan's Resource Center acquired a new building at 1811 W. Historic Route 66 that houses their emergency resource deparment and food pantry.
Richland thrift store and food pantry relocate to South Chestnut to expand services.
Good Samaritan Resource Center becomes Good Samaritan of the Ozarks.
Richland thrift store and food pantry relocate to 112 W. National Street to expand services.
Genesis: A Place of New Beginnings set up a new crisis text line.